SC - Marx Rumpolt (1581) -- soup recipes

MAYER,ING,SUSANNE FEM BIG-AT Susanne.Mayer at vie.boehringer-ingelheim.com
Thu Mar 18 06:22:23 PST 1999

> cosmetics. These colorings have caused allergic reactions that range
> from hives to life-threatening anaphylactic shock. It is not known
> how many people suffer from this allergy. The Food and Drug
> Administration should ban cochineal extract and carmine or, at the
> very least, require that they be identified clearly on food labels so
> that people could avoid them. Natural or synthetic substitutes are
> available. A label statement should also disclose that, Carmine is
> extracted from dried insects so that vegetarians and others who
> want to avoid animal products could do so.

I do take allergies seriously, really I do, but allergic reactions
can be caused by an awful lot of things that are currently not
included on labels.  As I read this, images of a label similar to the
current label on some nut-containing candy bars:

  "May contain bugs."

Aaaaaaaaaaaah.  Ok, so I don't get out much.

Claricia Nyetgale
 still giggling -- like I said, I don't get out much