SC - Allergies and children's behavior -OT -OOP

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Fri Mar 19 09:10:33 PST 1999

The restriction against mixing linen and wool is actually in the Torah, in
Deuteronomy 22:11.  Very specifically.  So the linsey-woolsey worn by many
pioneers would have been forbidden to the Jewish pioneers.  There are some
commentators who believe that you cannot wear a wool garment over a linen
one (such as a wool tunic over a linen chemise) because since you cannot
take off the undergarment without removing the overgarment, they are "as if"
connected.  But the Torah speaks only of having them together in the same
fabric, near as my interpretation works out.

As for the "K", I think (to make a final statement) that you have to trust
or not trust the source.  If a Manichewitz product has only a "K" on it, I
am more likely to trust that it is kosher than something from (and no
offense intended) Nabisco.  My comment about certification marks being
separate from trademark and copyright is true.  Marks cannot be protected by
copyright; they can be protected by trademark AFTER they have achieved some
recognition factor, OR if they are sufficiently unique to be an indicator of
origin ab initio.  [I practice in the copyright/trademark area, which is why
I know about this.]

						---= Morgan / Margo Lynn

	           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
	           |/ margolh at nortelnetworks.com <mailto:margolh at nt.com>  *
Hablutzel at compuserve.com <mailto:Hablutzel at compuserve.com>
	                      Morgan Cain * Steppes, Ansteorra

	                     May God have mercy on my enemies
	                     For they shall certainly need it.

	      For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

                I intend to live forever -- so far, so good!