SC - Frumenty - yet one nore question!

Gerekr@aol.com Gerekr at aol.com
Fri Mar 19 11:33:00 PST 1999

Still lurking; but my queue of unread SCA-Cooks digests is now down to
single digits for the first time since December (hooray!!!)

Made a recipe last night--Blaunche Porrey, from Pleyn Delit--with
store-bought almond milk (the brand name of the one I bought was Blue
Diamond's "Breeze") and it *really* was a very good experience.  In
texture, color and smell, the almond milk was extremely similar to my
homemade.

Since part of the purpose of the almonds in the recipe seems to be a
thickener,  I took a few ounces of slivered almonds, ground them to powder
in my Braun coffee grinder (love those things!) and threw them in for
texture.  Tasting the soup later, it was for all intents and purposes
identical to a batch I'd made a few weeks before; the only difference being
that I didn't spend an hour blanching and skinning almonds...  ;-)

Any other folks used this product, with or without success?  I know a while
back Ras had tried a commercial almond milk that he wasn't pleased with the
results of (can't remember if he gave a brand name or not) but this one
seemed to work pretty good...

	- kat