SC - Ideal vs. practical

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Mar 20 00:31:59 PST 1999

Phlip asked:
> Anybody here have a clue on this?

> >Another period tanning question:
> >
> >We need to tan some intestines.
> >
> >My husband suggests using some cod-oil and rubbing it in over a few days to
> >stabilise. Any other ideas?
> >
> >Glenda.

I'm not sure how close this is, but you might want to try looking at
this file in the CRAFTS section of my Florilegium:
lea-bladders-msg  (15K)  8/ 3/98    Tanning, cleaning, dressing animal
bladders.

However, I would suggest asking the SCA-Arts list rather than here as I'm
not sure how connected this is to period foods. I believe there is also a new
SCA leatherworking guild.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: