SC - Ideal vs. practical

Anna Potts estria at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 20 10:03:13 PST 1999

Many people have allergies to preservatives, pesticides, nitrites, etc. Always
look at these possibilities before heavily medicating your kids. My brother
was diagnosed with ADHD when it was just called hyperactivity (no Ritilin
either). My mom being heavily intrested in nutrition found the Fiengold diet
which is an elimination type of diet. They also really check out what is in a
lot of processed foods, because lables don't always tell the real story. Many
of the behavior changing allergies are not substances that are required on the
lables. (It turned out my brother really did have ADHD, but the diet helped
some.)  Also, For those who may not know Ritilin is a stimulant, NOT a
depressant. It works for ADHD because while most of the brain is going fast
one part is going very slow. It brings the slow part up to speed.

Norma