SC - FW: food lecturer wanted

Louise Sugar dragonfyr at tycho.com
Sun Mar 21 18:04:10 PST 1999

>I've always been shocked at how people stumble over my married last
name,
>Farnsworth.  To me it seems pretty straight forward, spelled
phonetically
>even.  Some variations (when telemarketers eventually spit it out, and
>believe me they are challenged by this *difficult* name!) include:
>Fransworth, Farmsworth, Frankswort, Farnesworth, Farnsroth, and even
>Sarnesworth.  My favorite came as a typo on junkmail: Faensworkt

For some reason, telemarketers, and others, insist upon pronouncing my
husband's last name as Mick-Gain, with a long A sound, instead of
properly, Mack-Gan, short a in both syllables.

Bonne (whom some call Bun and others Bonnie) mka Karen Lyons-McGann
(and let me tell you, the combined last name really throws people who
are hearing it instead of seeing it!)