SC - Northern Lights Feast

Aelfwyn@aol.com Aelfwyn at aol.com
Sun Mar 21 18:50:17 PST 1999

I made this today, it will sit in the fridge until Friday.  I plan to gently
agitate it once or twice daily.  Right now, the cream is rising to the top and
the fluid on the bottom is turning clear.

TO MAKE IPOCRAS WITH RED WINE -
Take a gallon of wine, three ounces of cinamon, two ounces of slic't ginger, a
quarter of an ounce of cloves, an ounce of mace, twenty corns of pepper, an
ounce of nutmegs, three pound of sugar, and two quarts of cream (From The
Accomplisht Cook, by Robert May, 1660

My Redaction:

2 quarts Mogen David Concord Wine
1.5 oz. cinnamon
1 oz. sliced ginger
1 tsp. cloves
10 peppercorns
1/2 oz. nutmegs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup whole milk

Warm the wine gnetly over a medium fire.  Coarsely grind all the spices except
the ginger and add them to the wine.  Stir in the sugar, and heat until the
sugar is thoroughly dissolved.  Remove from the heat and add stir in the milk
and cream.  Bottle and refrigerate.

Mordonna