SC - List Administrator admonishment

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Mar 22 08:04:26 PST 1999

>Bonne commented:
>> Drat!  in the final planning of my feast, I let myself fall prey to a
>> "traditional" recipe for corned beef. Now I've got three weeks to
>> substitute something else.
>
>Perhaps some of the files in the FOOD section of my Florilegium might
>help or give you some ideas:
>ham-msg
>roast-meats-msg
>roast-pork-msg
>pickled-food-msg

I'll have a look at the pickled food recipes, but not anything roasted.
One of the advantages of the corned beef was the boiling of it.  I have
more burner space than oven space and even with the loan of a smallish
pig cooker, having one roast meat and one boiled meat was a good plan.
I also have tarts in the first course and pies in the second course and
cakes for dessert.

Has anyone served plain boiled meat?  My british husband gags at the
thought--but I suspect he's had too much boiled mutton at school.  The
method used to be very common, it must be possible to do it well.   A
good sauce would be necessary I think.

Bonne