SC - Possible corned-beef substitutes

snowfire@mail.snet.net snowfire at mail.snet.net
Mon Mar 22 22:45:39 PST 1999

 "Tim Hart and Maddy Prior did it on an old album. Here are the lyrics:

>>         OATS AND BEANS AND BARLEY GROWS
>>
>>         Oats and beans and barley grows
>>         As you and I and everyone knows
>>         Oats and beans and barley grows
>>         As you and I and everyone knows
>>         Awaiting for the partner
>>
>>         First the farmer sows his seed
>>         Then he stands and takes his ease
>>         Stamps his feet and claps his hands
"oats PEAS beans and barley GROW"

and durned if I can remember what goes with it -- tho "so early in the
morning" keeps tagging after it...  I've certainly never seen/heard the
song lyric before.  Did this ever get resolved?

Chimene

Yup.