SC - pomegranate molasses

Jennifer Conrad CONRAD3 at prodigy.net
Tue Mar 23 17:11:25 PST 1999

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 snowfire at mail.snet.net wrote:

> I was in a Rag Parade once on a St. Trinian's float.
> Great fun! Are Rag Parades period I wonder?  Universities are...
>
> (Rag week is sort of like Homecoming)

I don't know of any parades and such by/from universities, but there were
a great many processionals- civic organizations, confraternities, and most
importantly the guilds. Some of them were quite serious, some quite silly.
Saint's days and Guild fairs seem to be the most popular excuses for a
parade.

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731