SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #1310

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 10:07:39 PST 1999

Diana asked:
> ddfr at best.com writes:
> <<
>  Whether that is an easily soluble problem depends partly on the kids. There
>  are lots of period things for breakfast that kids can fix for themselves,
>  starting with last night's leftovers. We always have a big container of
>  currant cakes (actually from a 17th c. recipe, but close), along with
>  things like bread, dried fruit, gingerbread, khushkananaj, all of which our
>  kids like eating. Sekanjabin is just as easy as fruit juice--and more
>  portable, since you bring the syrup and add water.
>   >>
> i am interested in some of these recipes could you post them to me
> i would really appeciate it...

You might be interested in these files in my Florilegium then:
In the BEVERAGES section:
beverages-NA-msg (109K)  5/29/98    Non-alcoholic beverages.
   (There are several sekanjabin recipes and several similar ones that
    use other syrups.)

In the FOOD-SWEETS section:
gingerbread-msg   (31K) 10/28/97    Medieval gingerbread. Recipes.

There are large amounts of info in these files from Master Cariadoc
but also info from other people.

I too, would be interested in finding out what khushkananaj is.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html ****