SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #1310

MAGGIE SECARA SECARAM at mainsaver.com
Wed Mar 24 10:52:44 PST 1999

> "Tim Hart and Maddy Prior did it on an old album. Here are the
lyrics:

>>         OATS AND BEANS AND BARLEY GROWS
>>
>>         Oats and beans and barley grows
>>         As you and I and everyone knows
>>         Oats and beans and barley grows
>>         As you and I and everyone knows
>>         Awaiting for the partner
>>
>>         First the farmer sows his seed
>>         Then he stands and takes his ease
>>         Stamps his feet and claps his hands
>>         And turns around to view the lands
>>         Awaiting for the partner
>>
>>         Now you're married you must obey
>>         must be true in all you say
>>         Must be kind and must be good
>>         And help your wife to chop the wood
>>         Awaiting for the partner
>>
>>         Oats and beans and barley grows
>>         As you and I and everyone knows
>>         Oats and beans and barley grows
>>         As you and I and everyone knows
>>         Awaiting for the partner

I (rather vaguely) remember learning a folkdance to this in 1st grade.
It was a circle dance, and the girls were on the inside, the boys on the
outside.  And every time the song said "awating for the partner" the
circles would rotate opposite, and we would get a new partner.  Did
anyone else experience something similar?

Tyrca

===
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
- -"Honesty is Everything"
AoA, OPN, ASTA, oleander
Barony of Elfsea (Life is Good in Elfsea!)
(all sorts of places in and around Ft. Worth, TX)
Kingdom of Ansteorra