SC - RE: pomegranate molasses

cnevin@caci.co.uk cnevin at caci.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 04:57:52 PST 1999

You're in luck, lots of things are in season in June.  I am answering in the
sense of what would have been seasonal in period Europe generally, not what is
strictly seasonal in modern day Michigan,  or available there ...

(Of course one issue which could narrow the list is June WHERE in a period
setting.)

Things in season:
Greens of most types- lettuces, spinach...
Cabbage
possibly still some asparagus
Peas
Radishes
Beets
Carrots
Turnips
Onions (small)
Most fresh herbs and many edible flowers
Early berries- strawberries, maybe some raspberries
Mushrooms
Dairy & new cheeses
Eggs
Young animals- suckling pigs, lamb, goat
Chicken, Rabbit

Fish... I can't answer about

It is likely there would also have been pickled, preserved, and dried foods
from the previous year remaining in storage (though probably little meat &
hard cheeses).

I hope this is helpful, I'm sure it could be expanded,
~~Minna Gantz  <KALLYR at aol.com>