SC - Khushkananaj (was: Ideal vs. practical)

Heitman fiondel at fastrans.net
Fri Mar 26 10:33:44 PST 1999

For a substitute you might try the Passover potato starch or cake meal
(Very finely ground matzah meal).  I don't know if it will work as well,
but that is what is recommended on Passover.

As a clarification on the flour issue, this is the reason that matzah takes
exactly 18 minutes from start to finish (this includes baking it in the
oven).  I believe this is originally from the Talmud.  I just recently
learned this in my Shulchan Aruch class.

SIndara

At 11:56 AM 3/26/99 -0500, you wrote:

>FWIW, a Co-worker who is an orthodox Rabbi, maintains that If flour is
mixed with any liquid and left for longer than 13 minutes is
>chumitz (?) Leavened, and anything made with it is not suitable for Pesach.
>
>Also, If you throw such a paste on a grille, it will rise, since the flour
would contain some water.
>Perhaps you need raw ground (but undried or prepared) flour, like you
would get if you ground it yourself...

    !