SC - REC: Pig's trotters

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Mar 28 04:17:06 PST 1999

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999 Gerekr at aol.com wrote:

> What about cherries?  We had a cherry at a rental a number of years ago
> and they seemed very early, as I recall...  Or would they be past by
> June?

Cherries are available at a reasonable price (e.g. truly in season, not
just California imports) in late June early July here in Oregon. I had my
entire encampment laughing at me at an An Tir/West War a couple of years
back- without thinking about it, I'd bought about three pounds of cherries
before setting out down I-5. About Grants pass (around an hour north of
the border) I realized that I would be entering California, and surely
they would not allow my cherries into the state- and I couldn't stand the
idea of tossing them, as they would do, so I ate them. All. By the time I
got to Yreka to the site I was miserable. But the cherries had not gone to
waste!

Also available in June are melons and some early plums, etc.

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731