SC - What's in season in June?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 15:25:46 PST 1999

>...various German entries coming under the heading, IIRC, of
>Mettsalats, made pretty much like a basic chicken or tuna salad, but
>from shreds of things like ham, tongue, various sausages or roast
>beef, with mayonnaise and the other Usual Suspects. Yeah, it may >sound
a bit strange, but it's a great way to use the ends of the various >hunks
of meat where the slices get too small to be viable for >sandwiches and
such, and certainly as viable as chicken or tuna salad if >you're going
to eat such meats in sandwiches anyway.
<snip>
>Adamantius

I was thinking as I read your descriptions that it sounded a lot like my
days in Garde-Manger, and especially when I was a chef for a
businessman's luncheon restaurant, where we did a buffet bar of hot foods
and salads every day.  I got VERY creative with salad combinations to use
up odd leftovers.
Christianna