SC - Marx Rumpolt-APOLOGY

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 13:34:05 PST 1999

In a message dated 3/29/99 1:17:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, CONNECT at aol.com
writes:

<< I did post that I am in Michigan, but the comment about cheap foods coming
in
 from other areas of the country is valid too. In my case, I'm interested in
 knowing that's going to be cheap and plenty in early and mid-June and
 available in Michigan. :) >>

My apologies. I had assumed through  other discussions  about doing period
feasts 'in season' that your original question was a query for  foods that
would have been in season in Europe  in June.

If I appeared to indicate that comments about foods being shipped in from
other parts of the world/country were not valid comments. They obviously are
valid.

However, the fact remains that although melons may be available in Michigan in
June, they almost certainly were not available in similar Europen climates in
June during the Middle Ages. Technically , dried cantelope slices could have
been available at that time of the year but there is no evidence that would
support such a viewpoint.

My current bug-a-boo is finding period Andalusian or Baghdadi recipe (13th
century) that are both periodly 'in season' , authentic and vegetarian. All
the recipes I have come across so far have either meat broth or lamb fat as an
ingredient.. :-(

Ras