SC - Re: Basket Lunch

THLRenata@aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Tue Mar 30 21:01:26 PST 1999

> In a message dated 3/30/99 12:23:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, CONNECT at aol.com
> writes:
>
> << Butter'd Greens (I'm thinking maybe of doing peas in oil here tho?) >>

Several years ago for a Tournament of the Lions, we made something called
(I think) Saracen Spinach- I don't remember where the recipe came from,
but it was really good, and if you can get early spinach if might fit well
here. You wash your spinach thoroughly, blanch it, drain it, and then fry
in a pan with butter, garlic, and I think powder forte? Butter and garlic
alone sounds yummy. It has become a spring/summer staple in my kitchen. At
the feast, it was amusing- so many people turn up their noses at spinach,
however prepared, that most of it came back to the kitchen. But the
kitchen staff knew how good it was, and we gorged ourselves- no leftovers!

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731