SC - Kosher Kangaroos

Margo Hablutzel margolh at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Mar 17 09:40:58 PST 1999

I don't think that kangaroos were "overlooked" - they were not known in that
part of the world.  Aussie rabbis may have come up with an interpretation,
but note that kangaroos do not have cloven hooves.  Or any hooves for that
matter.

(Anyone remember the heraldic furor when a lady wanted to have an Aussie
something on her arms, and the folks in Lochac pointed out that it could not
have been known in pre-1600 Europe as Australia was not "discovered" by the
Europeans until after 1600?)

- ---= Morgan

	           |\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
	           |/ margolh at nortelnetworks.com <mailto:margolh at nt.com>  *
Hablutzel at compuserve.com <mailto:Hablutzel at compuserve.com>
	                      Morgan Cain * Steppes, Ansteorra

	                     May God have mercy on my enemies
	                     For they shall certainly need it.

	      For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

                I intend to live forever -- so far, so good!