SC - An Award for Adamantius

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Mon Mar 29 05:17:44 PST 1999

Good Gentles of the Cook's List

Master Adamantius just received another richly deserved award, a Kingdom
service award. In his own words:

"Then they called up the Silver Crescents
(kingdom level service people)....

"I then proceeded to nod off...

"When they called my name, I woke up with a snap, handed my pound of
silver wreath to a neighbor, and went up, and figured out that though
they had finished with the Crescent they'd just done, the Order was
still kneeling there. Luckily there was a pillow to kneel on... .
Anyway, they read out this whole blahblahblah, and while they were
reading it the Queen leans forward and says to me, quietly, "This is
what you get for working so hard the rest of the time that you have to
sleep in Court!".....

"Anyway, so I'm a Silver Crescent now, which was actually more moving and
important to me than stuff like the Burdened Tyger, because the other
members of the order kneeling there were all working stiffs I have great
respect for..."

I might add, in his defense (not that he needs one), that he fell asleep
because he'd been in the kitchen or at Laurel-type meetings all day, and had
to get up early even to get to this event, which he was attending in order
to make his part of the SCA a better place, rather than because he wanted to
relax and attend an event.

Congratulations, Master Adamantius! It couldn't have happened to a more
desrving (if sleepy) man !!!!!!!

Phlip

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

When pompous people irk me with their regal attributes,
It pleases me to imagine how they'd look in bathing suits.