SC - Suggestions

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Tue Mar 30 09:43:04 PST 1999

> If all goes well, I will be cooking a feast for 120 at a state park with
> no
> kitchen facilities other than a power outlet and a spiget for water.

Brave, very brave!  I cook feast this way a couple of times a year, so you
have my sympathy...

> Knowing of these primative conditions, I'm planning on renting a 5ft by 2
> ft
> charcoal grill plus borrowing a number of propane burner thingies. What
> else
> should I be thinking about bringing to the site to make life a little
> easier
> for myself?

Remember that you're probably going to need every pot, bowl  and utensil you
can beg, borrow or... borrow, since without sinks, it's a lot harder to wash
and reuse items between courses.  We've discovered that, no matter what,
there are never enough pots.

Make sure that enough tables are allocated for
cutting/chopping/mixing/laying out things.

Something (plastic wrap?) to keep the flies off of prepared food before
serving.

Lighting, since someone is going to end up washing dishes after feast, which
probably means in the dark.

Garbage bags so the populace can take their dirty dishes home to wash them
there.

Coolers... lots of coolers.  More ice than you expect to need.

	Good luck!

	=Caitlin, in Storvik, Atlantia
	(Bowie, MD)