SC - Suggestions

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 15:17:05 PST 1999

- --- CONNECT at aol.com wrote:
> Good Gentles,
>
> If all goes well, I will be cooking a feast for 120
> at a state park with no
> kitchen facilities other than a power outlet and a
> spiget for water.

Several of my suggestions have been mentioned before.
But I have two you might consider.

1) in order to get enough hot water, bring extention
cords and borrow or rent (if you have to)one or two of
the largest coffeemakers you can get a hold of.  I did
this at the last primitive site I cooked at and had
access to a 10 gallon coffee maker (I borrowed it from
my church).  I had all the hot water that I needed for
cooking and cleaning.  I was cooking for 250.

2) buy good quality disposable aluminum roasting pans.
You can put them on the charcoal grill and use them to
grill your food or warm up your roasts.  Afterwards,
you can just toss them.

Huette