OT - Re: SC - Something Else

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Mon Mar 1 08:15:02 PST 1999

Adamantius sez:

>Um, uh, my name as registered with the Laurel Sovereign of Arms is
Gideanus Tacitus Adamantius. <snip>

>For years I've been trying, more or less in vain, to explain to people
that only my wife and my mother should call me Gideanus, and that in
private, but people, especially locals who've known me since my
original, late-period persona, seem to insist on assuming that the part
of my name that comes first is what they should call me.

When  Christianna said:

> She was telling me about this cooking Laurel in the East, that he was
married
to a Chinese woman, and I said "Adamantius?", and she insisted that no,
that wasn't your name, that you were Giddius.

Now, Adamantius, I LIKE that misspelling of your name, it's very
appropriate. And while I'm Not your wife or mother, you know perfectly well
I'm likely to call you anything- after all, I also take care of you,
_INFANT!_  ;-)

Besides, look how Giddius Tacitus Adamantius would translate out:

Tacitly and Adamantly Giddy. Very appropriate, at times......;-)

What's everyone else think?

Phlip