SC - Salmon recipe with beer

Huette von ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 10:25:18 PST 1999

Yes, Gunthar, I did find some problems in redacting
this.  I probably should have explained this earlier.

The oil was added to keep the salmon from sticking
to the pan.  I picked olive oil because Markham used
it in other recipes.

Pepper is not in the original recipe.  It is just a
personal choice that I made.  You can make this recipe
without it.  I personally like it better with pepper,
but that was my choice.  I should have left it out
of the recipe I posted.

As for my addendum about making this recipe for
banquets in jelly-roll pans.  To make this in a skillet
for 300 banqueters would be timeconsuming and it would be difficult to
keep the salmon uniformly hot before serving it.  Poaching in an oven
instead of over an open flame is much more practical and timesaving.
The flavor and texture of the salmon is no different either way. I
managed to get 100 pounds of salmon in two
professional sized ovens all at once and served all at
once, while still hot.

Huette