SC - Puck's marzipan

grasse at mscd.edu grasse at mscd.edu
Fri Mar 5 13:45:23 PST 1999

Most wondrous Puck

Thank you so much for posting where the original might be found.  My
mundane work schedule has been keeping me from posting until today.  I have
been following the marzipan posts with great interest.  I will spend some
more time in the next two hour with the original.  My mundane and modern
German is less rusty than yours, though you seem on the right track.  gar
is indeed used in a determination of doneness, but it is also a word that
is not there in English.   (the German phrase "garnicht" and "nicht" are
similar: "nothing" but the garnicht  would be more like nothing-at-all.
I do think you can interpret the  >>der gar klein ist so er gestossen ist<<
as
almond that be QUITE ot TRULY small once it is crushed (as in a mortar).

back to work, but I will spend more time on the original and your
translation.

Thank you for starting this thread!

Gwen-Catrin von Berlin
working away in Caerthe