SC - Cooking for special requests

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Fri Mar 12 09:47:09 PST 1999

I will work on getting togoether the recipes this weekend.  I did one
recipe that I got out of a Passover cookbook called Chicken Gan Eden
(Chicken from the garden of Eden).  It is chicken pieces stewed in a sauce
of ginger, cinnamon, orange juice and honey.  Noodle Kugel (Noodle pudding)
I have found some limited documentation for.  Haroset can be used as a
condiment anytime of year.  I used to take it with me as a snack at events.
It is great on crackers.  I am in the process of researching recipes for
Cholent (Dafina, T'fina, Hammeem) which is a traditional Sabbath stew.  I
have found mention of it in the Talmud but I have yet to find any
documentation for the many recipes I have.  I wonder if "A Drizzle of
Honey" mentions a recipe.

Sindara