SC - Book opinion wanted

Fri Mar 26 08:43:09 PST 1999

I would recommend you borrow it from the library first.  It deals primarily
with the social history of food, only the first few chapters deal with
medieval food, and there are some errors (i've been bit, using it as a
reference).  The book is not particularly useful in redacting recipes,
although the hardbound edition had some recipes on the endpapers (IIRC).
This is one to read before you buy.

Bear