SC - Fondue

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Fri Mar 26 09:15:01 PST 1999

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Sharon R. Saroff wrote:

> Yum,  Savory, Toasted Cheese.  A long time ago when I lived in Thescorre,
> we made this wonderful dish for Gavin and Tamara's coronation (Let's see,
> that would have been 1980).  It is great for events especially with hot,
> fresh bread.
>
> Sindara

The standard East-Kingdom interpretation of this dish that I learned from
Mistress Jaelle and Bishop Geoffrey around 1980 is more of a casserole,
but the original is pretty clearly a fondue (although it doesn't use wine)
because it tells you how to make the melted cheese stuff and then suggests
you eat it up with toasts of bread.

Elaina