SC - I have survived my first large feast

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Tue Mar 30 06:44:34 PST 1999

Ras kindly wrote:

>Welcome to the ranks of the priesthood of the Cathedral of the Flaming
>Salamander. :-) Sounds like you had a grand time!  Congrdulations. Get your
>well deserved rest so you'll be fresh as a daisy for this weekends feast......

AHHHHH! *thump*

I did have a grand time. It was very satisfying. Much less scary once
everything started. Only a few problems: half my chicken order
arrived, but the meat pieces were twice their normal size; and the
stand mixer became possessed by the demon of retribution, spraying
one of my crew from head to toe with egg, milk, sugar and cinnamon.
Other than that, defending my cast iron was all I had to do.

Is it normal for people to keep trying to get you to sit down and
not let you clean up? I had a hell of a time protecting my skillets.

>WHAT! They didn't tell you? :-()

Actually, no less than three people said "I heard you were doing the
feast for 12th night..." WHAT?! I wasn't even done serving the last
course of the first big one. I suspect it was all a joke at my expense
but in any case, I don't think I'll be hanging around near any officers
in the future when event planning is being started.

80 was such a nice number. So many recipes can be worked out in
even amounts to 80. Tables getting set up are easily set up for 8
at this site. Multiplication was a breeze and to be honest, my simple
math skills are seriously lacking (give me complex math any day).

Franz from Calontir wrote in reponse to my cast iron pans:

>Nope.  Brillo, after running it thru the industrial dishwasher twice.
>"I tried cleaning it, but it only got blacker. And after it dried, I had to
>do it again to get the rust off."

Gah. I completely sympathize. The gentle in question was holding
a brillo and boraxo for my pans. I snatched them and ran towards
the wine bottle calling my name. :)

Thanks for all the congratulations, everyone. It's been fun and I'll
do it again any day. Just...not...soon. *zzzzzzzz*

Jasmine, gwalli at infoengine.com