SC - Suggestions

KriSiena at aol.com KriSiena at aol.com
Tue Mar 30 11:32:37 PST 1999

In a message dated 3/30/99 12:23:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, CONNECT at aol.com
writes:

<< If all goes well, I will be cooking a feast for 120 at a state park with no
 kitchen facilities other than a power outlet and a spiget for water. >>

I did the same silly thing last year for a feast of around 100.  However I was
fortunate enough to live about 20 minutes from site so I did the cooking at
home and brought it there hot.  For the chickens that I roasted (20 in all) I
put several in the oven and after cooking I placed them in foil lined boxes
and covered them in blankets, then cooked several more, etc.  This worked
surprisingly well.  By the time we got to the site and put the chickens on the
platters they were still too hot to touch.  I do recommend placing whatever
hot food you're doing in plastic bags first (silly me, the car smelled like
chicken for weeks).  All things considered (did I mention that I was 7 months
pregnant at the time?) everything went quite well.
Good luck!

Isabetta
Shire of Altenburg, Pentamere, Midrealm