SC - Pig Maws

Wade Hutchison whutchis at bucknell.edu
Wed Mar 3 06:41:17 PST 1999

Well - I tried it, and although it was kinda tough, it was tasty.
No matter how long I cooked the thing, I couldn't get a crispy
texture on the outside without some part of the thing scorching
black.  We settled for a nice brown (hedgehog) color - but the
stomach was still too tough for most of the crowd.
I was a bit hesitant to serve these things, since I didn't quite
know how the local group would react. (this was about 4 or 5 years
ago when we were just getting into the swing of serving feasts
with all period recipes)  I was pleasantly surprised in that not
a single yrouchon came back to the kitchen with any filling left -
but there were only one or two with pieces cut off the stomach.
	-----wade/Gille