SC - Rissoles on a Fish Day

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Mar 8 16:18:59 PST 1999

In a message dated 3/8/99 6:29:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, Seton1355 at aol.com
writes:

<< Well, I redacted and Cooked my fist recipe.  Here it is:
 Phillipa
 Comments?

I would like to begin by saying that I had the great privelege of tasting this
'first' redaction by Lady Seton. It was in a word....wonderful. :-)

Lady S had asked the Guild if it would  be willing to hold a meeting at her
home. Discussion revolved around research methods and sources for historical
information, etc. Toward dinner time, Lady S thought it woud be fun to redact
a recipe so , this being my idea of fun also, I readily agreed. We opened up
Cariadoc'e  book and ramdomly stabbed our finger at a recipe.

Due to lack of some ingredients and health concerns, we settled on the
substitutions  mentioned in the recipe. One of the first questions that comes
to mind is why the 'batata'? Since we had no chestnuts and I had stopped at
Wegman's on the way to Bloomsburg, I just happened to have one in the car. I
remembered the texture was similar to chestnuts so i suggested using it  even
though it is a New World plant.

Thinteresting thing about the substitution is that it worked better than we
thought it would. While sitting with Lady S and her family at the scrumptious
feast she generously provided, her 15 yr. old son, after eating one of the
rissoles asked for another commenting that they tasted like chestnuts. The
irony was that he had been working on a story up stairs the entire afternoon
and was unaware of  what had transpired in the kitchen to make the dish. ;-)

All in all, I am pleased with this first attempt and would like to publically
welcome Lady Elizabeth Seton as my newest student and to the Guild of St.
Martha as a guild  Apprentice. ;-)

Vivats to a great cook and a most gracious hostess!

Yours in Service to the Dream,

al-Sayyid A'aql ibn Rashid al-Zib, AoA, OSyc
Guildmaster
The Guild of St. Martha