SC - my medieval dinner party - long

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Mar 14 11:47:31 PST 1999

At 8:54 AM -0500 3/14/99, Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

>***Winter Squash or Pumpkin Soup***
>The Medieval Kitchen
>Redon, Sabban, Serventi
>University of Chicago Press
>1998

>  I just found another pumpkin soup recipe in
>this book that I like better.  I'll try that next time.

You probably already know it, but just in case you don't...  .  Both
pumpkin and winter squash are new world vegetables. The originals of these
recipes presumably refer to an old world edible gourd, probably Lageneria
Sicereia (sp?), the white flowered gourd.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/