SC - A different egg question-part 2

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 15:54:13 PST 1999

In a message dated 3/17/99 8:47:16 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
pndarvis at execpc.com writes:

>  Actually, I remember a discussion on this list a while back about tea
> boiled
>  eggs that come out marbled.  Does anyone still have that info?  Did we
>  decide the best way/tea/etc ?

I would not boil the eggs in the tea.  I'd hard boil the eggs (place in a
boiler and cover with cold tap water, bring to a rolling boil, remove from
heat, cover and allow to stand ten to twenty minutes for hard boiled eggs).
Then roll between the hands to crack the shell a bit, not too much, then allow
to stand in a warm, strong tea for five to ten minutes.  Gives a lovely
marbled cream, beige, and brown egg.

Mordonna