SC - Kosher Gelatin

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Wed Mar 17 20:51:29 PST 1999

Ras,

You are misinformed.  Yes a K means that something is supposedly kosher.
That is why I noted questionable.  There are over 200 kosher symbols in use
today.  Each is authorized by a different rabbi and different denominations
of the Jewish faith.  As a person raised in an observant home and who keeps
strictly kosher at home I only by foods with a marking from an orthodox
establishment.  These include U within an O (OU), a K within an O (OK), a K
within the Hebrew letter Chaf which looks like a bakwards C (Chaf K), KAJ,
MVHK (A wierd looking symbol combining these 4 letters)-The New England
Vaad, a V within an O (OV), to name a few.  I have never seen a U by itself
as a kosher marking.  If the marking has a P next to it it means it is
kosher for Passover.

Sindara