SC - List Administrator admonishment

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Mar 22 08:04:26 PST 1999

Good Morning Everyone,

This is just another gentle reminder that people shouldn't post stuff
to the list that is really off-topic. Seeing the "school project" and
other unrelated humor has reminded me to remind you of the charter sent
when you sign up. Now funny food-related stories or modern recipes or
ideas are okay on a limited basis but let's please be reasonable.

We really don't care if that child dying of cancer wants 20,000 emails
or if we can get rich with the latest internet scam. I'm sure we would
all like to know the "Top 10 Reasons Dan Quayle should be President" but
not on this list please.

This is about history, food, feasts and community. We are actually more
together than most lists I've seen and very little abuse occurs. I really
do appreciate the quality of the majority of postings and even when we get
a little off-topic it generally doesn't last too long.

If you have something that you absolutely feel someone on the list should
hear you can either send it to them privately or send it to me to see if
it can go on the list. I try to be reasonable.

Thanks,

Gunthar
Evil List Administrator.