SC - German potato soup recipe???

grasse at mscd.edu grasse at mscd.edu
Thu Mar 25 14:24:58 PST 1999

Greetings Master Adamantius,
(who asked s
there a 16th or 17th century German potato soup recipe out there)

I seem to recall a reference to potatoes in a German source being discussed
also.  When I get home I will peruse Ein Nuw Kochbuch and see if I can
locate something there...
Though I seem to remember the soup section was webbed recently... by Thomas
Glonning
 "  You can find the soup recipes from the cookbook of Marx Rumpolt (1581)
via:

http://www.uni-giessen.de/~g909/kobu.htm

or at:

http://www.uni-giessen.de/~g909/rumpsupp.htm

The language of the recipes is Early New High German.

Enjoy,
Thomas"

Gwen Cat   ^^    ~
Caerthe
Who would appreciate some feedback on her own website...found at:
http://clem.mscd.edu/~grasse/Welcome.html