SC - jumbles or cracknels recipe needed

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 05:38:36 PST 1999

>From: Korrin S DaArdain <korrin.daardain at juno.com>
>>In a message dated 3/24/99 1:28:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, Bonne
>writes:
>>a recipe for pretzels or cracknels or jumbles
>
>	Jumbles or Knot Biscuits "Jumbles a hundred" - (Scottish
>Elizabethan dated from 1596 AD)
>	A Book of Historical Recipes by Sara Paston-Williams The National
>Trust of Scotland, 1995 ISBN 0-7078-0240-7; Posted by Paul Macgregor
>	"Take twenty Egges and put htem into a pot both the yolkes and
>the white, beat them wel, then take a pound of beaten sugar

Thank you Korrin.  It seems all the recipes we have access too are for
sweetened things. I'll make up a batch, they may not be as sweet as I am
imgagining, or even if they are they might still compliment the soup.  I
have not yet checked up on Ras' latest suggestion, for the italian
recipe, but I will.

Lady Bonne