SC - jumbles or cracknels recipe needed

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 28 10:44:57 PST 1999

Bonne wrote:
>> Actually, the Florilegum doesn't have any recipes fitting any
criteria.

Stefan wrote:
>Well, I think *some* of the recipes fit *some* criteria. :-) Just not
yours.

Alright, alright, "The Florilegum doesn't have any recipes for pretzels,
cracknels or jumbles fitting the criteria I had developed from limited
reading." Though now several sweet versions have been posted and should
end up in there.

>Deciding where to put things is sometimes fuzzy. You might check the
>cookies-msg file but I think I just put sweetened things in there.

What I had come across didn't lead me to expect it to be sweet and
cookie-like, but that seems to be what everyone can come up with. I'm
adjusting to facts and will experiment with the posted recipes and check
the cookies-msg file too.

> Can someone give me a good definitions
>of cracknels and jumbles.

As it happens, someone posted the OED definitions and you already have
them in either the bread or pretzels file! ;-)

Bonne