SC - Dry Site Issues

Robin Carrollmann harper at idt.net
Tue Mar 2 12:31:34 PST 1999

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> I disagree. Alochol evaporates rapidly at temperatures far below that of the
> boiling point of water. Someone has pointed out on this , IIRC, that there is
> alcohol left in the finished product. Those figures show a residual alcohol
> level far below anything that anyone could clain as 'alcoholic'. Longer
> cooking would in fact virtually drive any amounts of alcohol out that were in
> any way significant.
[snip]
> Yours in Service to the Dream,
> Ras

The following website may be of some interest to those following this
discussion:
http://www.mayohealth.org/mayo/askdiet/htm/new/qd970305.htm
It contains information about the amount of alcohol remaining in food
after various time periods and cooking methods.

Brighid

Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt dot net
.sigless at work