SC - Puck's marzipan

pop.efortress.com kappler at efortress.com
Fri Mar 5 13:41:22 PST 1999

>>I'm in a position to say, emphatically and unequivocally, maybe. It
>depends.

Always count on B., I mean Master Adamantius to be clear and to the point.

>>a short essay on what the French call oublies, describing them in some
>>detail, and also stating that unconsecrated hosts are also called oblaten.
>>And, of course, one might argue that using the term in connection with
>>unconsecrated hosts constitutes, by definition, a secular connotation.

ummm....so, my presumption that Oblat was used to describe the shape of the
marzipan was incorrect, and instead has been determined to be an additional
ingredient? (hard to believe that I'm not being a smart-alek here, I know,
but I'm truly not, I'm trying to follow what's going on)

>>I wasn't aware we'd established that. I know there's a reference to
>>paper, but I recall there was some question as to how it applies. I
>>don't have Puck's transscribed text handy... .

I said lay the wafer on paper, m'lord.

>>Um, perhaps we don't need to get all worked up about terms that depend
>>from untranslated or unexplained terms. At least not yet. Seeing this as
>>a sort of flow chart, we might end up with something like "If W, then X,
>>therefore Y, therefore it stands to reason that Z." Except, we have yet
>>to establish W. Lining wafers with paper wasn't clear from my initial
>>reading of the text, as I recall. Perhaps someone could repost the
>>German recipe or send it to me?

http://www.best.com/~ddfr/Medieval/For_Translation/Ein_Kunstlichs_Kochbuch/E
in_Kunstlichs_Kochbuch06.html

>>"Cus...ky...nol...a...cus...ky...nol...a..."

letssssss dooooo the timmmmme warp again! Puck