SC - marzipan mold material

LordVoldai at aol.com LordVoldai at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 20:46:15 PST 1999

>I'd be fascinated to see a chanterelle mushroom mold. They're shaped
(actual chanterelles, anyway) like curved paper fans; it doesn't sound
like an easy mold to make from metal. Maybe wood?	<

this is entirely conjecture on my part but.....

i remember seeing a recipie (possibly in to the king's taste or to the queens
taste) about sugarpaste icing (sugar plate) molded into hollow walnuts with
other treats inside, much like a modern british party cracker.   they
suggested teh mold be made from alabaster.  and that the sugarplate be baked
in the oven i'm guessing on low to dry out the paste.  they would have
probably used the same for marzipan if they were doing similar moldings with
it.  why have to have two sets of molds made?

just as an aside...i made some molds out of sculpy and if i'd ahve thought to
brush them with some oil or floured teh molds they would have probably
released with much less hassle but it was 3am and well.....i'm sure we all
know about things like that.  lol

Yours in service

Volodislav ludozertzça z Karpat
mka Chad Graber