SC - marzipan mold material

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Tue Mar 9 08:28:16 PST 1999

<snip>

>My concern for the shape of the mold for a chanterelle mushroom was
>because chanterelles aren't shaped like a standard capped mushroom, i.e.
>a champignon or other member of the genus agarica. Yes, it's certainly
>possible to cast them, but how do you get the molded food item out of
>the mold without tearing or breaking it? <snip>

Hello!  Plat addresses this problem in Delights for Ladies. "and hauing
driuen out with your rowling pinne a sufficient portion of your paste to a
conuenient thicknesse, couer your mould therewith, pressing the same downe
into euery hollow part of your mould with your fingers; and when it hath
taken the whole impression, knock the mold on the edge against a table, and
the paste will issue forth with the impression of the mould vpon it; or, if
the mould bee deep cutte, you may put the point of your knife gently into
the deepest parts heer and there, lifting vp by little and little the paste
out of the mould."

HTH,

Cindy