SC - pig cooking on a spit.

Helen him at gte.net
Tue Mar 9 17:55:49 PST 1999

Hi,
    I have done a pig for my nineteenth birthday.  My Grandpa helped and he is an
old cajun.  He told me 100lbs and under pig plan on 8 hours.  We did it for 8
hours over a low fire. And it was great.  We stuffed it with garlic and green
onions that we poked into holes we made all over the pig on one side.  We left
one side plain and no one ate the plain side. I plan to do 2 pigs at about 100
lbs each for my medieval wedding.  I plan to slow roast them for 24 hours over a
low fire about 200 degrees.  I want the meat falling off the bone.  I have done
alot of web research on the best way to do it.  If you have the time, slow
roasting is really worth the effort.

                                                                    hope this
helps,
                                                                            Helen