SC - Is beans beans?

Aelfwyn at aol.com Aelfwyn at aol.com
Wed Mar 10 14:35:06 PST 1999

Help! As part of a feast we will be cooking for Northern Lights on March 20, I
will be doing No. 31 from Guter Spise; Ein Spise von Bonen
As Alia Atlas translated this, the recipe called for "green beans", the
redaction I'm working back from used carrots because of unavailability of fava
beans. I want to use beans, but have not been able to find favas either. Would
this recipe have been made from the whole bean (bean and pod for want of
better botanical terms) or from dried beans like the inside or seed part? What
I'm getting at, the long way, is; would the dish be more like the original
intent by using string beans or dried beans? If dried, what type?
Aelfwyn
BTW I was the poster about alcohol used in cooking at a DRY (public school)
site. I had the person handling our contract with the school ask and the reply
was "all the alcohol boils off in cooking, so as long as no one is drinking
it, cooking with it is fine by us" No way am I gonna go into all this list
covered in regard to that issue, just use my wine and beer AND list them on
the posted recipes!