SC - Plateware, cutlery, etc.

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Mar 10 06:48:52 PST 1999

Hi all from Anne-Marie

we are asked for sources of period tablewear.

for horn spoons, horn cups, knives, cool pitchers and baluster mugs, check
out www.historicenterprises.com
for metal spoons, check out Francesco Sirene, Spicer (they're pewter, and
so rather bendy, but cheap!) or Frederik de Kohler (an Antirian...dont know
as he travels much)
for plates, we use the IKEA big wood chargers (not perfect, but they work)
for bowls, we use cheapo wood ones or else some spiffo ceramic ones that a
friend got for us from Pennsic (sorry, no vender)
for glass glasses, check out that Viking glass website (also carries 15th
century stuff) mentioned here before.

hope this helps!
- --AM, all for more period tablewear! :)