SC - Names Thread

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Mar 12 06:32:58 PST 1999

Please don't take this wrong folks. It is my PERSONAL opinion but I have just
plowed through a hundred messeges in the last 2 days regarding the
pronunciation of personal names.

While many of us are concerned or amused by the various  pronunciation of our
individual names and , granted, it is something we each can talk about without
argument, I fail to see it's significance regarding either period or SCA
cooking.

Several potentially good topics have arisen, such as Lady E's current
enthusiasm over discovering period cookery or a posting of a possible
redaction for the German marzipan recipe.

In the interest of making everyone's life a little easier, would it be
possible for all of us to label our subject headers as -OT-OOP when they
clearly are? This would go a long way toward allowing those of us who are not
interested in the chat aspects of this forum to excercise our delete key
without worrying  about the possibility of potentially valuable information
being lost while allowing the avoidance of reading information that is less
than useful.

Thank-you for reading this and giving my suggestion careful consideration.

al-Sayyid Ras