SC - Spanish Stuff

Marian Deborah Rosenberg Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Sun Mar 14 18:08:38 PST 1999

Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:57:13 -0500
From: "Margo Farnsworth" <margokeiko at esslink.com>
Subject: Re: SC - Spanish Stuff

M'lady,

I have lost the original email telling when you were going to be cooking for
your class.  I am still planning on coming to assist, but I would like to be
able to plan on a date.  Also, what century were you going for?  I would
like to wear something close to that period, but it may not be Spanish.  I
have a number of kirtle type garments (14th century, short sleeved, unboned,
tight bodice, lace up front) that I normally wear when cooking around the
fire.  Also, I have a pretty good sized fire-set (spit, tripod, cauldron,
etc.) if you wanted to try some thing like that.

BTW - my email address will be changing to mfarnswo at mfgraffix.com .  If you
want to reach me by phone, my number is 860-567-9501

Faoiltighearna
mka Margo Farnsworth

- ---
Original intent was to be at the end of April beginning of May.  Most of my
classmates neither want to pay for the dishes or are willing to try anything
new.  After Spring Break is over I will hit them all up for money one more time
and, having already told them I will only cook enough for those who pay, figure
out then whether I'll even need much help.

I was just going to do Spain in general, a little from various periods.

What I really *wanted* to do was one main dish from Islamic sources, one from
Christian, and one from Jewish.  Preferrably things from around springtime so
the Islamic one would be something with meat in it, the Christian one would be
Lenten, and the Jewish one would be breadless (for Pesach).  A salad or snack-y
type thing for while giving the presentation itself, and finish off with a
dessert like dried apricot and white wine pastries (a very rough description of
something I found in the arte de cozina).

I was just going to use the Lit House kitchen as over fire cooking would be
even more hassle than I'm already getting dealing with my classmates.  (I don't
think I've ever met a bunch of pickier eaters.)  I am kind of miffed at the
bunch of them: for example, Stuart (in my class) could give Harrison (not in my
class) $15 to take me to the movies but he can't give me $5 to pay for the
feast because he "doesn't have any money."

I'll keep people posted on what is going on.

In Service,
- -M