SC - A different egg question-part 2

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Wed Mar 17 14:33:24 PST 1999

This recipe sounds very similar to one I posted a while back called Huevos
Haminados or Jewish Eggs.  These are eggs that are hard boiled in water
containing the following:

1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp tea leaves
1/2 tsp coffee grounds,
4 brown onion skins
1 tsp oil
1 tsp vinegar

The eggs are slow cooked for 5-6 hours and are typically served on the
Sabbath.  This recipe is from Copeland Marks' Sephardic Cooking, but I have
seen similar recipes in my other cookbooks.  These eggs are also mentioned
as part of the Sabbath stew Hammeem but I have yet to document a period
recipe.

Sindara