SC - Kosher Foods - OOP

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Thu Mar 18 11:34:33 PST 1999

There are various opinions on this.  I have had this discussion with many a
rabbi and I have gotten varying opinions.  For instance I have been told
that Halacha (Jewish law) discusses not mixing the fiber linen with wool.
THis is actually discussed in the Torah and the classified as Shotnis.  It
is also discussed in terms of how a farmer plants his field.  That is as
far as my knowledge goes so far.  When broccoflower came out, my rabbi told
me I could not eat it because halacha forbade to eat crosses of this
nature.  I then asked concerning the necterine and he said the same thing.
The rabbi that I am presently learning has also noted that broccoflower
cannot be eaten but that necterines can.  I will see if I can get further
information.

Sindara